1. Education
Jennifer Rosenberg

Reading Hitler's Lips

By November 25, 2006

In 1936, Adolf Hitler gave his mistress, Eva Braun, a camera with which she made home movies. These movies, most of which were taken at Hitler's mountain retreat, show a bizarrely normal home life with Hitler playing with dogs, talking to children, and flirting with Eva. For years, these films have been without sound and we had been left with only the eerie silent images. Recently a computer software program, Automated Lip Reading (ALR), has been created that can "read lips" from numerous angles and this technology has been used upon these home movies. Once the computer program had generated the text, the conversations read by actors were dubbed over the film. The new version of Hitler's home movies has been played in Great Britain and will hopefully be made available in other parts of the world soon.

Comments

December 1, 2006 at 9:07 am
(1) maj gen aps chauhan says:

This will be another step in closing the missing links as it were or building up a total personality of Adolf Hitler who irrespective of what people say or shudder to say was the most unique historical figure a historical giant and a genius beyond the realms of present day understanding.

December 1, 2006 at 3:12 pm
(2) Ellen says:

I’m mildly interested to know what he said to his mistress but I have no interest in parading him before the public. I don’t see why we should “humanize” him or attempt to “understand” him. And I will not pay a dime for the honor, either.

December 2, 2006 at 6:49 pm
(3) Dieter Grusswald says:

Ellen – you DARE to criticise the Fuhrer!? I will be taking down your name.

December 3, 2006 at 9:36 am
(4) Kathleen says:

Like others I too am somewhat interested in Hitler’s private life. However, it should not be the goal to try to understand what “made him tick” so to speak. I see many parallels to the modern day terrorist here. Like Hitler there is no understanding these people since they don’t care about the human race. Their only concern is to spread their brand of hatred and if anyone gets in the way they are to be tortured and destroyed. It is a waste of time to try to understand their point of view. It can be simply stated as this: ” Do it my way or else!”

December 5, 2006 at 7:41 am
(5) Keith Pratt says:

Regarding the comment by maj gen aps chauhan on December 1, would he be so kind and elaborate on the phrase that Hitler was “a genius beyond the realms of present day understanding.”? I freely admit it is currently beyond MY understanding how Hitler could be seen as a genius and so would appreciate further information on this point.

December 18, 2006 at 1:27 pm
(6) Norm Christianson says:

I’ve seen these newly voiced over movies. Hitler was obviously under Demonic control when he took to the podium. This is verified by his complete transformation from mild mannered conservationist, dog lover. The films even show Adolf being self denigrating at times.. Nothing like the man behind the microphone.

March 27, 2009 at 6:26 am
(7) manikandan says:

am interesty read it.. really its superb