1. Education
Jennifer Rosenberg

Bodies of Romanov Children Possibly Found

By October 1, 2007

During the night of July 16/17, 1918, Czar Nicholas II, his wife Alexandria, and their five children were taken to the cellar and shot and bayoneted to death by Bolsheviks. Although their deaths were reported, their bodies went missing for decades. By 1991, the remains of Czar Nicholas, his wife, and three of his children were found and exhumed for DNA testing. Since the bodies of two of the children were not found at the same location, many speculated that they might have survived.

However, in August 2007, the remains of two children were found in a field just outside the city where the czar and his family were held prisoner and later killed. Preliminary evidence now points to the children being the czar's son and one of his daughters, Alexei and Maria. If the preliminary evidence holds true, then the entire missing Romanov family has been found, ending all speculation that one or more of the children did not meet the same bloody fate.

Comments

November 26, 2007 at 6:32 pm
(1) bonzo says:

So who WAS Anna Anderson?

November 26, 2007 at 10:00 pm
(2) Ben says:

According to dna she supposedly was a Polish factory worker by the name of Schantzkowsky or something like that. Very convenient for the family of Prnce Philip, the Battenbergs who made that outrageous claim way back in the German courts in the 30′s and/or 40′s. Quite an incredible story.

November 26, 2007 at 10:50 pm
(3) Darcy says:

I wonder why they where buried away from the rest of the family? Maybe they where killed at an earlier or later date?

November 28, 2007 at 4:12 pm
(4) Bill says:

The light Fiat truck used to transport the bodies of the Romanovs, their physician, and several servants had a hard time making it over rutted or non-existant roads in the Ural Mountains. They would have buried or burned two bodies to lighten the load.

December 25, 2007 at 4:42 am
(5) Shane says:

No…they were buried away from the rest of the family so that the number of bodies in the original grave would not match up with the number of people known to be killed. It was used to confuse anyone that would possibly find the grave and make them believe that it might not be the remains of the Romanov family.

January 30, 2008 at 7:24 pm
(6) asdkl; says:

according to a show i saw on HBO, dr. baden said the dna turned out to be of a factory worker

February 24, 2008 at 12:24 am
(7) Jenny says:

Check out the book “The Romanov Prophocy” by Steve Berry if you are interested in this topic! Although it is fiction, there is a lot of true information from the night the Romanovs were murdered. And although burning a few bodies on the way to lighten the load sounds plausable, I don’t think it would be two of the lightest bodies.

March 21, 2008 at 2:56 pm
(8) Margaret Miranda says:

A very good book about the family’s remains
and the Anna Anderson question is “The Romanovs the final chapter” the auther escapes me at the moment though.

April 30, 2008 at 1:37 pm
(9) Luna says:

Anastasia was never found!
how come you say that the entire Romanov family was found!
WHAT ABOUT ANNA ANDERSON!!!!!!!!

May 3, 2008 at 12:28 am
(10) ROSESKES says:

The son of one of the guards, said publicly many years ago that his father gave the reason two bodies were burned. The original intention was to burn them all, but it took all night just to get them to where they were and to set two of them on fire. The human body is mostly water and not very flammable. When dawn was breaking, the guards decided to bury them instead, and make themselves scarce. The czar and his family still had many strong supporters in the area, and no one wanted to be known as the individuals who had carried out the kill order.

June 13, 2008 at 8:51 am
(11) TheRomanovFan says:

Anastasia was found, according to my book and Wikipedia. It says in my book, “One way to remember this is that Anastasia’s coffin was much shorter than her sisters’ coffins.”
pretty grim, right? I feel so sorry for them. This proves that War is a sickening, violent, home for Satin on Earth.

August 18, 2008 at 8:45 pm
(12) sam says:

very few know the truth.outside the royal family.
anderson who claimed to be a romonov because she was at the wrong place at the right time for her.
she jumped in the river after that she just lied. she bumped her head on some-one who had also slipped from her kidnapper. he punched her nose to alter her appearance so she ran. into the river bumped heads with anna. they ended up in hospital anna stole my nana’s story. nana went on to stay with victoria’s husbands first family. the others were scattered.
the government then picked up the line for experementation. there is one particurly grubby tall woman that pretends to be a romovov she’s followed me across canada. my nana did not buy her & nor do i. follow me again & i’ll have you charged. ritual that.
hitler as a child got done with the romonovs. he followed my nana her whole ife.
the romonov children are very ordinary no great scholars hidden in satanic homes.so they are wiped out by now.meaning so bloody tired & not understanding why they lost their family then had to put for selection.
my nana she had a heart & an understanding that others envied. hisler, hitler included.
anything the catholic church endorses is a big fat filthy lie. they claim they all died somewhere nr soemthing that suits them, that alone says they survived.
you need to look up grandpa kabbalah he was the one that cursed the kennedys, there was no curse, they tried to steal a ring from him,he fought them off,he didn’t die, they call that the curse.
with russia there is & has always been a connection with the moon. there has always been a coloney up there. rasputin was from there.they have very long days there so the people from there are accused of powers. he was trying to warn them.
anyway the thing with truth it can be shattering so little bits at a time.

September 4, 2008 at 3:19 am
(13) Laura says:

WOW,
After you take your prozac, I sugguest some more english lessions. You were trying to write in english wern’t you? I can’t really tell. Also…maybe it would help if you looked up some basic puncuation, like maybe how to use a period. Too Funny!

September 4, 2008 at 5:50 pm
(14) Annie says:

Sam, that was a hysterical not a historical rant!

September 5, 2008 at 10:56 am
(15) Rich says:

Sam, I could recommend a good counselor for you and your “flight of Ideas” which obviously you suffer from. look up “flight of ideas”, Rich

November 12, 2008 at 6:37 am
(16) manegeo says:

Romanov’s may have had children kept in secret
and sent to neighbouring families. Grandma told me how she was sent by train and saw billowing clouds of steam. Her face was covered in black charcoal. Was there physical reason for masking of identity. Perhaps something to do with humidity?

Anyway she became secretary in czar’s palace in Ukraine. Uncle, a policeman, helped her to gain papers to leave during revolutionary times when grandfather called her to America.
Grandfather was supposedly on last boat to America prior World War 1 and was fired upon by Germans.

That is what I know. Many mysteries for my continued investigation. Grandma told me evil stories about BOLCHEVIKS before she died. Claimed people in the NEW WORLD were worse than those in the revolution…she was an eye witness in the palace!

I dislike communists for reason that they murdered a great person according to my grandma. My grandfather’s side were capitalists who had already moved to America for motives of business and initially the family had no other reason to come…merely for profit…America was prosperous and presented great opportunity. My great grandfather placed 4 gold coins for the corner of his new commercial building for good luck according to a cousin of my mother.

The reason why these communists are so worried about whether there are surviving Romanoffs and great intellectuals eluding
us ‘in demonic guise’-
The Romanoffs were ”religious” and the revolutionaries are generally simple minded
Newtonians, Stanilists, Encyclopediasts who often practise the simplest of scientific periodicity without attention to complicated sub-atomic things. They are highly worried about the consequences of a possible brilliant descendent claiming heritage from the royal thrown. These are losers.

I am brilliant and partially of such heritage but my genius most probably comes from my father’s side. (Thou my Russian ancestry had considerable intellectual strength as evidenced by some of my mom’s relatives, ny uncles, cousins, etc..)

Someone is obviously scared. Probably more than just one. Good. Now the liers, conceited, cheats, scammers, militants, deceitful, and jealous will FALL. We will be avenged.

December 1, 2008 at 5:58 pm
(17) MARY says:

wAS NOSTRADAMUS pHYSICIAN TO THE rOMANANOV’S

March 27, 2009 at 9:07 pm
(18) June Kerss says:

Anna Anderson’s real name was Franziska Schanzkowska, a Polish factory worker. DNA was matched with a surviving relative,Karl Maucher, a grand-nephew. Excellent article can be found on http://www.peterkurth.com/ANNA-ANASTASIA NOTES.
Have diligently followed fate of the Romanovs since college days in UK after WWII. There is no doubt that the new evidence uncovered proves the remains of Alexei and Marie have been found and hopefully the Russian Orthodox Church will recognize a full recognition and burial at St. Elizabeth’s in St. Petersburg Russia,along with other members of the Romanov family. This was an unbelievably tragic event in history.

April 1, 2009 at 2:29 pm
(19) lori says:

I have read many books on the romanov’s, The best was The plot to save the Tsar, by ShaY Mcneal. Another thing for everyone to consider, is the fact that the Tzars brother Michael was also killed, but his body has never been found. Also the tzarina’s Sister Was also killed. Both of these bodies could have been used in place of the actual, bodies. I also found on the internet that Alaska, was leased to the US, So the US would have alot of interest in the tzar, and one more thing. THe Tzar also had a personal guard, A large black man named Jim Hercules…Everyone thought he was from Africa,,,NOT,,,US citizen . Oh the glory of Marketing,,,and we buy it all. I do not believe for a moment, they were killed,,,He was just to rich, and had too many connections….Reaed the book, with an open mind. Look into Lennons second in charge Leon Troskey,,,A German Jew, and that wasn’t his real name.

May 14, 2009 at 10:36 am
(20) Taylor says:

That is just wrong

September 3, 2009 at 2:52 pm
(21) JRead says:

Conspiracy theorists are hilarious.

May 23, 2010 at 8:20 am
(22) GoldSalebol says:

hi.
That tips are great, thank you ..
I love your blog…

September 18, 2010 at 1:54 pm
(23) David says:

reporter DNA autosomal is 99,99% included
maria marti is maria romanov

November 17, 2010 at 7:52 pm
(24) df says:

romanovs have got a noble girl baby.they sent the baby to rasputins relatives in the wine basket (under the botles) They were take her bulgaria and they were give her a turkish family(bektashi religions(she did not make,join rutiels all her lifelong)).the turkish family grove her.one day she maried and her husband and their 6 suns,2 douthers went in turkey 1953 and she died in turkey. she said again and again “I am gallers princess”all her lifelong. may be feodravna or may be one members of the OTMA was mother of the baby who can belive but god knows
I bless you

June 13, 2011 at 12:13 am
(25) Carl says:

If you want to get a good picture of their lives, you should read Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie. It is a really good novel that lets you formulate your own opinion of what happened to Imperial Russia. Plus, if the Romanovs did escape there is no way that they would still be alive today. Regardless of your opinion, we will never have the absolute truth.

Personally, I think they were murdered even though I would like to believe that at least one of the escaped.

March 21, 2013 at 12:29 pm
(26) Cheyenne says:

I find their story absolutely fascinating and i want to know more, so if you know of any books or websites i would greatly appreciate it. (please be a reliable source of websites)