Photograph from the Prof. Leopold Pfefferberg-Page Collection, courtesy of USHMM Photo Archives.
Ukrainian SS personnel and their German officers in Plaszow. These men were used as guards to supplement the German SS staff until the official redesignation of Plaszow as a concentration camp in January 1944. Thereafter, the camp was staffed by 600 men of the SS Totenkopfverbaende (Death's Head Units). (1943 - 1944)